Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Weekend of Awesome

After all was said and done, I christened this past weekend the "weekend of awesome."

Because it was.

We had a few friends up for the day on Saturday with their fantastically cool "toys" -  a remote controlled helicopter with a camera attached, which they use to make spectacular films.  Between choppers and sitting on the lawn and swimming in the local swimming hole and a feast on the bbq, it was just about everything a girl could ask for on a Saturday afternoon.  We welcomed some more guests as the day wore on, and carried on around a wee fire as the sunshine faded into night. 

I love bringing people up here, and seeing them "get it."  Get why we packed up and moved without hardly a thought, to this magical place.  People come and go from the yard through the day and into the evening like we do it every other day...and that's because we pretty much do.  This place is a true community, something I've been yearning for over the past 7 years, since I left my theatre community in the city.

Some day perhaps I'll grow weary of telling you about how amazing this place is, but I sure as hell hope it's not any time soon.

Choppers in the yard:
Corbie gets a lesson:
Pond of my dreams:
Happy swimming, brownie eating campers.
Here's hoping you enjoyed your very own weekend of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment