Sunday, September 30, 2012

A hiking we will go








A quick hike on the Bruce Trail this morning reaffirmed my desire to hike the entire trail, end to end.  It's on my bucket list, and I'm going to start next fall (or maybe in the spring.)  The first chunk would start in Niagara, and I'd like to think I could do a quarter of it in those 10 days (that's about 20km/day over 10 days) finishing up somewhere around Georgetown. (The entire trail is 885km from Niagara Falls to Tobermory.)   It also reaffirmed my decision NOT to invite the kids, if I ever want to hike the whole thing before I turn 85!  There are certainly some logistics to figure out, but I'm going to start planning it this winter.

And...I'm looking for a buddy to do it with...anybody want to come? 

5 comments:

  1. ME ME ME! Of course it depends on the time of year because of Nathan's job...oh and money to get to Canada. But that would be so completely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Save your airmiles, I'll save mine, and we'll get you here and walk together!

      Delete
  2. Yes! It will be a logistics thing for me also, and next fall might be too soon with a nursing baby. But definitely pass on the details and I'll see what I can fit in, and when. I hiked it all the time as a teen near Caledon. Don't know if I could get 10 days off (or rather, if James could get 10 days off!) Maybe if my parents are around...

    Okay, enough musings on your blog. But I'm definitely in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You could even do a day here and there - could you hike with her for the day? I bet with a good backpack it'd be easy-peasy! That would be so much fun to have you (and Juliette too?) along for a hike.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to see what kind of baby she is in a year. I'd go with her now, since she just loves to hang with me. I told James I want to go next year and he said he'd swing the week for me. Next fall all three boys will be in school full time (although something in me says "go in the summer" so he gets a taste of what it is to have four kids home all day!) Anyway, count me in for next fall, with a maybe for Juliette.

      Delete