Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy April

It's been a crazy few weeks, and I am happy to be saying goodbye to March.  March was very full of long work days for Steve, many of them away from home.  Its what must be done, but that doesn't mean I necessarily have to like it.  We have grown to rely on each other so much and function so well as a team, that I find it terribly difficult to be on my own. But that's over for now, so I won't dwell!

As we say hello to April, we're also saying hello to Autism Awareness Month. 

I have to admit, my desire to post lately has been strong, but much of it is related to our struggles with Aspergers. When I moved to this blog, I decided I was going to make it a positive place to be, and for the most part I've stuck to that.  But the truth is, a lot of our days are filled with struggles, and I miss this place as a spot to talk some of them out.

I'm also torn as Griffin starts to get a bit older, with protecting his privacy a bit.  I feel like I don't want to post anything here that he may go back on some day and be upset about.  However, with some careful crafting of my words, I think I can stay true to all the things I feel this blog should be - a place for our pleasant memories, as well as a spot to record those lessons that may not be so pleasant in the making, but are important lessons none the less.

And, the kicker - if writing about our struggles help someone else in the process, then I've done a good thing.

My hope is that one day Griffin CAN look back on this blog, and read what I've written about him and our family, and realize just how far we've come.  I'm hoping to use these next 30 days to find that voice - the right place between "sunshine and roses", and "temper tantrums and outbursts", plus a little bit (ok, a lot) of my sarcastic wit, and some pictures of my ever-so-adorable children, and we should be running at full speed around here before you know it!

Thanks for sticking around!

xoxox

(If you're visiting for the first time, I'd love to hear from you - who are you, and what brought you here? Are you here for the soap?  The scarcastic wit?  Aspergers shenanagins? Cute Kids? Cause we got it all!)  (If you're visiting for the 81st time, feel free to say hello too!) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment